The Importance of Clear Signs in the COVID-19 Era
In a world currently dealing with a global health crisis, many businesses must effectively communicate information about all things associated with coronavirus: new hours, adjusted services, product availability, customer flow, curbside delivery options, and more.
MSA offers a variety of customizable COVID-19 signage designed for businesses and workplaces to help educate and inform others about what’s crucial for them to know.
Effective COVID-19 Signs
Print messaging has played a key role during this pandemic, whether promoting social distancing, updating changes in standard operating procedures (SOP) based on business requirements, or communicating reminders about protocols designed to keep employees and customers safe.
When designed and used effectively, COVID-19 signs can:
- Encourage healthy practices as offices, workplaces, and businesses open and adjust to new information
- Provide accurate, real-time inventory updates
- Offer clear wayfinding and direction throughout stores
- Signal to customers and employees that your company cares about their safety
Categories and Types of Signs
Metro offers a variety of sign categories — including directional, clarifying, personal hygiene, and compliance signs — that you can use to educate and direct your customers and employees while also ensuring the safety of all guests and staff.
In our COVID-19 sign catalog, you will find:
- Glass or wall-mounted signs: These signs are made of vinyl that’s applied directly to surfaces or a substrate.
- Floor or stair graphics: These durable, high-performance graphics are made with a special laminate-covered vinyl.
- Elevator graphics: Options include either vinyl applied graphics or digitally printed panels.
- Counter or kitchen graphics and signs: These direct printed substrates allow plenty of space for friendly reminders and other copy.
- Posters: Metro offers a wide range of options including graphics direct printed to acrylic, PVC, banner fabric, or aluminum composite panels.
- Germ barriers: We manufacture laser cut acrylic barriers with mounting clips.
Identifying the Signs You Need
Metro’s team will gladly help you to determine the most effective signs for your business. When you’re evaluating your spaces and identifying which COVID-19 signs you need, consider the following tips:
- Review existing signage: Verify that you’re not promoting products or services you can’t offer because of the pandemic. Check posted information for accuracy about business hours or dates for upcoming events.
- Focus on services that make a difference: Use signage to promote helpful services that your customers will value and can use while following social distancing.
- Switch your marketing message: Make sure you’ve posted clear product signage identifying purchase limits and highlight other products or services you’ve pivoted to offer.
- Give thanks and recognition: It never hurts your business or your employees’ morale to show empathy and thankfulness to your staff and to reemphasize your company values and mission.
The Metro Process
The Metro Sign team worked with designers to develop a variety of signs appropriate for all situations. Metro’s signs offer complete customization — including color, copy, and size — to meet all business needs. They’re easily removable without damaging walls or paint.