Careers at Metro Sign & Awning
Metro Sign & Awning designs, manufactures, installs, and services commercial signage and awnings for
New England and beyond. Since 1989 the Metro name has been known for quality products and service.
Metro Sign & Awning is headquartered in a 15,000 square foot facility in Tewksbury, Massachusetts.
Metro Sign & Awning offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Pay commensurate with
experience. Benefit package includes paid vacation, Vision, Medical, Dental, Life and 401K.
We are currently looking for a Sign Fabricator/Welder.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8 hour day/ Monday-Friday
Salary: $20 – $26 per hour
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attention to detail, pride of workmanship, and a positive attitude.
- Two years or more of relevant fabrication experience preferred.
- Experience in cutting/welding operations, sheet metal fabrication and electrical wiring.
- Skills should include both steel and aluminum fabrication techniques.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and interpret shop drawings.
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements including moderate lifting.
- Ability to keep a clean and organized work space.
- Attention to detail
- Fork lift and/or Hoisting license(s) a plus.
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced Project Manager to help build and sustain significant
business growth for the long term.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience in Project Management and/or Sign Industry. Range: $50,000-
- Manage the customer experience from initial sales engagement through installation.
- Establish processes to ensure successful tracking and execution of all contract/subcontract work and support subcontract partners, as required.
- Make certain that projects stay on time/budget with real-time updating of all documentation and
- Continually communicate status to customer throughout production and installation.
- Work closely with other team members to meet or exceed company quality standards on all design, fabrication, installation, removal, and maintenance of signage.
- Evaluate and approve new subcontractors.
- Process client change orders.
- Secure quotes from vendors and subcontractors and issue orders to all vendors and subcontractors.
- Promptly invoice projects upon completion.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve company procedures and processes.
- Update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participate in educational opportunities.
- Support sales team by completing site surveys on occasion, understanding compliance requirements, preparing or reviewing sales quotes.
- Answer the telephone as required and deliver a courteous, professional, and enthusiastic phone experience while capturing prospect information and completing initial call survey.
- Represent the company with honesty and professionalism at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience, Key Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction or Business Management is preferred.
- 2+ years of project management experience including managing vendors or subcontractors is desired.
- 3 – 5 years in construction management experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in the sign and awning industry as well as electrical and mechanical knowledge is preferred.
- Well-organized with a “problem solving” orientation.
- Excellent, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with time sensitive matters.