Signs cost money. So before you commit your business to getting a new or updated sign, it’s natural and prudent to ask whether the expenditure will be a worthwhile one.
Fortunately, you can get the answer from our unique and exclusive Business Sign R.O.I. Calculator.
But like any computerized tool, the answer you get out of it is only as accurate as the information you put into it. To make the Calculator easier and faster for most business owners and managers to use, we’ve built it with some generic information already in place.
These data include a generic estimate of the costs involved – including the necessary Permits and approvals, average figures for electricity usage and costs, the typical traffic volume (vehicular, public transit, and pedestrian) for the primary thoroughfares exposed to your sign’s messaging, and even some expected revenue and gross margin details reflecting extra sales the signage might produce.
Obviously, the real-world figures concerning your business signage – and the sales it helps produce – are likely to vary considerably from these rough estimates and averages.
Obtain A More Accurate Analysis
So as you progress farther into the concept of calculating your new or updated signage’s ROI, it’s natural that you’ll want a more accurate result from our Business Sign R.O.I. Calculator. It’ll give that to you, too, provided you take a few minutes to dig up more accurate information for it to crunch. For example:
- Grab some recent utility bills and pull out the actual rates you pay for power.
- Start here to calculate the actual hourly or daily traffic volume that will pass by your new or updated sign.
- Talk with the financial people in your organization to get accurate numbers for the average size of a sale and the associated profit margin you can expect from people who respond to your new or updated sign.
- How much you can expect to pay for your new or upgraded sign,
- How much you’re likely to pay for the necessary business signage Permits and approvals in your location.
- How much power it will consume for every hour of operation.
Costs are complicated to estimate accurately, of course, because they depend so much on myriad design choices and technical issues associated with your new or updated signage, not the least of which will be the size and type of illumination it contains.
Your expert(s) will also be able to:
- Guide you in determining what other factors may be important contributors to overall costs and savings.
- Offer suggestions and ideas on how to develop accurate numbers to reflect “how many” and “what type” of extra sales your new or upgraded signage may produce.
You can go through this process on your own, of course, or you can let us help you set up the Calculator to provide you with the more accurate answers you seek.